Retrofit Kits and Lights
CLS offers an extensive selection of retrofit lighting kits, enabling customers to easily make the proper adjustments to existing lighting. Select LED, induction, strip lighting, troffer lighting, and more with our inventory of affordable and reliable solutions. Whether shopping to retrofit fluorescent to LED or changing T12 lamps to the more efficient T8 lamps, we can provide you with all the essentials and accessories. Many retrofit kit manufacturers provide extended warranties, ensuring long-lasting performance.
Have any questions? No problem. Our CLS lighting experts will be happy to assist you in finding the best lighting solution to meet your specific requirements. Let us help you get started on your updating project today!
Guidance on LED Conversion
LED retrofit kits are used with the existing housing or light fixture bodies of your current lights. Retrofit kits are used in the following manner:
- High-Pressure Sodium to LED Conversion Kits: Conversion for High bay, low bay, street light, parking lot lights, canopy, flood and wall pack lights fixtures to LED.
- Fluorescent to LED Conversion Kits: Convert 4 ft. and 8 ft. strip lights, troffer, grid mount lights, drop ceiling lights and architectural lights to LED.
- Metal Halide to LED Conversion Kits: Convert High bay, low bay, flood, canopy, and wall pack lights fixtures to LED.
In most cases, metal halides and the HPS lighting fixtures can be retrofitted with your choice of induction bulbs and drivers, or an LED panel with a high output driver
Fluorescent to LED Retrofit Kit:
The following are choices in changing out fluorescent lights to LED: T8’s, T5’s, T5HO‘s or LED retrofit light bulbs. There are presently 3 choices in retrofitting to the LED T8 Lamps:
- Quick change T8 lamps which require no wiring at all and work off of the traditional fluorescent ballast as a driver for the LEDs.
- For lamps or bulbs that have internal drivers encapsulated in the lamp itself, the option is to directly wire to the tombstones; no driver is needed to achieve the end result.
- T8 LED with external drivers which are mounted like a ballast in older model traditional fluorescents.
We have an extensive selection of retrofit lighting kits, enabling you to easily make the necessary adjustments to existing lighting. Choose from induction, LED, strip lighting, troffer lighting, and more with our affordable and reliable solutions from the industry’s most trusted manufacturers. Whether you’re looking to retrofit fluorescents to LED or changing out T12 lamps to more efficient T8 lamps, your CLS professional is here to help you with the essentials and accessories you will need. And many retrofit lighting kits come with extended warranties to ensure long-lasting performance. Call us, email or come on in!
Retrofit Lighting Kits
LED Wall Pack Retrofit
High Bay LED Retrofit
LED Troffer Retrofit
Can Light LED Retrofit
Magnetic Strip Retrofit
T8 & T12 LED Retrofit Kits
LED Strip Light Retrofit
Street & Parking LED Retrofits
Why convert to LED?
The light-emitting diode (LED) is today’s most energy-efficient and rapidly-developing lighting technology. Quality LED light bulbs last longer, are more durable, and offer comparable or better light quality than other types of lighting.
LED is a highly energy-efficient lighting technology, and has the potential to fundamentally change the future of lighting in the United States. Residential LEDs — especially ENERGY STAR rated products — use at least 75% less energy and last up to 25 times longer than incandescent lighting.
How LEDs are Different
LED lighting is very different from other lighting types such as incandescent and CFL. Key differences include:
- Light Source: LEDs are the size of a fleck of pepper, and can emit light in a range of colors. A mix of red, green, and blue LEDs is sometimes used to make white light.
- Direction: LEDs emit light in a specific direction, reducing the need for reflectors and diffusers that can trap light. This feature makes LEDs more efficient for many uses such as recessed downlights and task lighting. With other types of lighting, the light must be reflected to the desired direction and more than half of the light may never leave the fixture.
- Heat: LEDs emit very little heat. In comparison, incandescent bulbs release 90% of their energy as heat and CFLs release about 80% of their energy as heat.
- Lifetime: LED lighting products typically last much longer than other lighting types. A good quality LED bulb can last 3 to 5 times longer than a CFL and 30 times longer than an incandescent bulb.